Located in the corner of Länsiranta and Mariankatu, Nohteri House was built for the railway clerk Ruben Nohteri in 1902. The building was designed by Otto Dahl and decorated with abundant wood cuts and details in the style of nikkarityyli, a wood construction style which flourished in Finland in the late 19th and early 20th century. The building has mainly remained in its original form. Originally, Nohteri House had two 3-bedroom apartments. In 1979, the building ended up in city ownership, and since 1988 it has been used by the music institute.