In 1901, a wedge-shaped building designed by the master builder Otto Dahl was completed alongside the road named Vinkelgatan at the time (later Kulmakatu, currently Tapionpuisto). There is no certainty about who the developer was (possibly the conductor Frans Vuorinen, who in 1903 commissioned a building for the Mariankatu side). At the beginning, an inn and a travellers’ lodge were located in the building. Later, it was used as a residence, among other things. In the style of Revivalism, the building’s facade bears traces of neo-renaissance architecture.