The Moisio area was annexed to Salo in the early 1930s in a similar vein to the Lukkarinmäki area. It originally consisted of cultivated land and meadows owned by Joensuu Manor and the Meritalo and Pohjatalo Houses. Meritalo is a former labourers’ hut belonging to Joensuu Manor, the oldest part of which was built in the 1840s. Later, the elementary school of Uskela operated in the building from 1873 to 1906. Since 1973, Meritalo has served as a museum. One of the oldest buildings in the area, Pohjatalo House, has been moved to the east from its original place. At the turn of the century, sawmills were set up in the Moisio area until the construction of residential houses started from the Inkerinkatu area towards the open fields in the 1910s and 1920s. Since then, the northern part of Moisio has remained a green area of single-family houses, while the blocks between Inkerinkatu and Siltavoudinkatu have become an area dominated by apartment blocks since the 1960s.