Named after its owner in the 1920s, the earliest central part of the building – a two-room cottage – was already built in the mid-1800s. In the second half of the 19th century, the place was referred to as the “Devil nest”, probably after Miss Hedvig Jacobson, who lived there alone. Two rooms were added to the building in the 1880s. In the 1920s, the building gained its current form under the ownership of Anton Lindfors, the forester of Joensuu Manor. A second floor and a mansard roof were added to the building in 1929.