Sjöberg House virtual destination
One of Salo’s earliest and most original Jugend buildings was the stone house built in 1904 by the tinsmith G. Sjöberg. The building at Helsingintie 7 was designed by master builder A.A. Tapio. The architectural feel of the facade was unusually continental European in style, resembling Art Nouveau and Jugendstil rather than the Finnish National Romantic Jugend style. In the early 1950s, Sjöberg House was demolished to make way for a commercial and residential building constructed on the plot.