In 1921, a two-storey stone expansion was added to the original Merchant Vuori’s House. The new part at Helsingintie 12 was designed by the master builder J.O. Salomaa. The architectural style of the exterior facade reflects the transition from Jugend style to Classicism. Jugend-style features can still be detected on the facade, but as a whole, the architectural look is already less complex and more geometric than in the 1900s or 1910s. The building from 1921 still exists, but the original facade disappeared from view in the 1960s, when Merchant Vuori’s House was covered with fibre cement boards fashionable at the time.