Kansallis-Osake-Pankki’s Building (1927–1970) *virtual destination
The KOP bank building, which was completed in 1927, was one of Salo’s greatest architectural sites for over 40 years. The building at Turuntie 1 was characterised by the Classicism of the 1920s with strong Italian influences. Mediterranean-style architecture was particularly visible in the features resembling ‘architettura minore’: the KOP building was a piece of Italy in the heart of Salo! Despite its architectural significance, the building was destined for demolition in the early 1970s.