In 1905, the merchant and bank manager K.J. Åberg commissioned a residential and bank building to be built in the corner of Vilhonkatu and Länsiranta. Åberg House was designed by Otto Dahl. The Vilhonkatu side of the building, in particular, stands out with its gables and lavishly decorated windows. The look of the building has remained virtually unchanged. In the 1970s, Åberg House became the property of the city, and since 1978, a music institute has operated in it.