There are two attractions at Turuntie 8.
In the early 1960s, the regional cooperative bank Salon Seudun Osuuskassa had a new building constructed for its headquarters, Kassatalo. It was designed by the architect Eero Eerikäinen, and the building was completed in April 1962. It served as the headquarters of the regional cooperative bank until 1989. With its rows of windows and simple design, the building represents the typical modern style of the 1960s as a continuum of Functionalism. As interesting additional elements, blue glass, fibre-cement boards with a ceramic top layer, mosaic tiles made of polished cement, and quartzite slate have been used in the facade.
As Salora Oy developed its operations, it became necessary to build a new business and office building in the mid-1950s. The old office facilities in Kirstilä’s wooden house, located at Turuntie 8 B in the corner of Turuntie and Asemakatu, gave way to Salora’s new administrative and commercial building in 1955. It was designed by Paul Bernoulli-Vester, who worked as the architect of Salo township at the time. In the 1950s, functional architecture was mixed with some romantic architectural elements, such as traditional forms and the use of natural materials. In Salora’s new building, this was reflected in the hipped roof, brick lining, plastered surfaces and copper details. Moreover, in 1956, a relief by Ben Renvall, The Spirit of Radio, attached above the main door of Salora Building, was unveiled.