A monument was erected on the place of the lookout tower in Pahkavuori Park in order to honour the work of the air surveillance activities of the Lottas. The tower was 14 metres tall and open, and air-surveillance Lottas scanned the skies there day and night throughout the whole of the Continuation War from 1941 to 1944. The tower was torn down in 1947. During the Winter War, the tower of Uskela Church was used for air surveillance. The commemorative plaque was designed by the architect Lauri Hollmén, and the monument was erected by the Salon Seudun Lottaperinne ry association in 2004.